Ok. Seems I can't keep a blog updated to save my life, and then I finally realized why. One day I was pondering the meaning of blog-life, and thought "Why is it I can never keep my blog up to date?" So here's the reason. Simply put I don't know my audence. Let me explain...
When someone writes a blog, do they write it so their friends will have updates? Is it for Family? Close friends? Aquaintances? Totally random people who might read?
I guess the thing is this....since I'm unaware who my audience is (specifically), it's difficult to write. I could write my random everyday thoughts, feelings, complaints, concerns about things I find "important", sort of a "Dear Diary" if you will, but doing so would mean potentially the whole world could see what I write. And maybe I don't write it so much as a "Dear Diary" but then what would I really write?
Maybe the question should be "What is a blog for?" Is it to be used like a diary...I know some people use it that way. Is it just for information?
Do I write it with the knowledge that potentially anyone (family, friend, foe) could read it, and not post any thoughts/comments that might "offend" people? Or do I just have a free for all, and post whatever I want, and if people get offended who cares?
Argh, what do I do?
So with that being said, I don't know how much, if any I will keep this blog thing up, but we'll see. :) Maybe I should just start anew and write whatever.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment