Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cecilia's first day of school

Monday, Cecilia went to her school for an evaluation and to be assessed. Her teacher (Ms. Smith) took her into the classroom by herself and I filled out paperwork. Then when Cecilia got out, on the way to the van I tried to get as much info out of her as I could...she was saying she couldn't remember and I think maybe she didn't want to talk about it or something, but I think I eventually got it all out of her. She had to sit and read a book quietly for awhile....then write her name on a piece of paper and cut it out. Then draw a picture (which she drew of herself and me). Then grouped things together like pets, things you play with, and things you ride on. Also did a pattern (blue red blue red etc). The teacher asked who was in her family so she told her everyone. I think that was it.

She was a little shy and scared about going to school for the first day today (wednesday). When we got there, I helped her hang her backpack on her hook and she got a name tag and then had to sit on a yellow line on the floor (there was a blue line and red line too). Then we left. Her day goes from 11:50am-2:45pm. It was strange just being home with Anthony and Daniel this afternoon, but it was good. Then we picked Cecilia up from school and she was VERY excited and LOVED it. She likes her teacher a lot and was asking when she gets to go back. :) So I think she'll adjust well. :)

No comments: