Friday, July 18, 2008

So my friend wants me to train for a 5K...

Ok is this what I need to push me over the edge?? I finally bought a wii fit the other day, and yesterday I "exercised" (aka had fun unlocking new activities) for 2 hours! Had a great time, muscles are sore this morning. It has a jogging thing on there where you put the wii-mote in your pocket and jog in place in your living room (or jog in short circles, figure 8s, whatever, just jogging). The "short" is 3 minutes....I thought I was going to DIE!!! The "long distance" is 5 minutes which I still managed to do.... once. I have a fear of running. I hate running. To me running is extremely borrrring. Which is why I opted to play softball when I was growing up and not basketball or soccer, or cross country....I was in track, but I was smart, I was a thrower, not a runner. Softball, max is 240 ft around the bases if you hit a homerun, that's it! I don't own a Zune or iPod....I DO have a Walkman that I can play cassette tapes on....oh, those were the days. LOL

But I look at the Cool Runnings page (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml)
and I'm like "Wow, 9 weeks? That's it? 9 Weeks and I could lose a LOT of weight doing this, and be in shape and healthier by the time I'm done!" But omg, I was sweating and panting just reading it!

Ok so here's where I stand. Can I really go from my fat, couch potatoed, always hated running self to running a 5K by November? Sure I COULD if I WANTED to......but do I want to? It seriously scares me. But like I said, it might just be what I need to push me over the edge and get me commmitted to a good workout/weight loss program. I think I need psychotherapy. Where's the chocolate?! :)

No comments: